The most common injuries for runners and people starting or ramping up their fitness routine are: shin splints, ankle injuries, arch discomfort, calf muscle strain, knee trauma, and back pain. These injuries can be prevented by having the right pair of shoes for your body! Don’t wait until you are in pain to get fitted. The right shoes can help keep you pain-free!
Runners Lane Fitting Method and Patented GaitView® Video Analysis: A proper fitting and analysis is a part of the Runners Lane service and is one of the many reasons people trust Runners Lane for their running and athletic shoes. Better fitting shoes help you perform better and increase your comfort so that you can enjoy your activities and attain your personal goals.
- The fitting process takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arch Assessment: Arches can be high, medium or low. Depending on your arch structure, different shoes will be better suited to support your foot and keep your arch pain-free.
- Proper foot measurement: Surprisingly many people do not wear the correct shoe size. Shoes that are too small are one of the major causes of foot pain. Shoes that are too large can cause blistering and a lack of stability. Don’t assume your shoe size is the same as it always has been. The shape of your feet changes over time.
- Usage: Runners Lane is not just for runners. We also have shoes for cross-fit, walking, mud runs, obstacle events, and much more. We consider your individual activities when recommending the right shoes for you.
- Age: As you age your feet change. Your stride also changes as you age due to changes in your bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, fitness level, weight, health, and more. A new GaitView® Analysis is recommended every 6 months to make sure your shoes change as you do. We work closely with local podiatrists and orthopedic doctors so we know about basic feet ailments.
- Pain/Injuries: Specific shoe technologies are designed to address common pains and injuries. From shin splints to back pain, we recommend the right shoes to help you mitigate pain and injuries.
- RL GaitView® Video: Confirmation of analysis on our treadmill. Your running stride is recorded and analyzed for imbalances that, if not corrected, can have a cumulative negative effect on your body’s health. Incredible advances in footwear technology allow us to recommend different shoes that are designed to balance almost every nuance of every stride. Watch our Perfect Fit Process Video
If you’re in the area and are serious about getting fit, we’ll do a gait analysis, measure both feet, and provide you the best choices for footwear. We have a treadmill in our stores to watch you run/walk to confirm our analysis and to fit you perfectly. Our goal is to get you in the shoes that are right for you! No appointment is necessary.
For more information, please call 661-260-3368.