Determine Your Shoe Size
Like regular street shoes, athletic shoe sizing is based on the length and width of your foot. Determining your proper shoe size is essential to a comfortable fit.
- Shoes that are too small are one of the major causes of foot pain and problems
- Shoes that are too large can cause blistering and a lack of stability
- Don’t assume your shoe size is the same as it always has been. The shape of your feet changes over time.
- Not all brands of footwear fit the same. The below generic size guide is a good indicator on what shoe size you should wear, but some brands may offer slightly different sizing guidelines.
- Take your measurements at the end of the day, when your feet are the largest\
- Wear the socks you’ll wear with your new shoes when you measure
- Measure both feet and fit shoes to the larger foot
- If you are doing the measurement by yourself, you will get more accurate results if you sit in a chair when measuring. Don’t stand.
- If you have someone to help you take your foot measurement, standing is the best choice
- You may take measurements in inches or centimeters. To convert inches to centimeters, multiply inches by 2.54.